- How to use?
How does it work?
Mother dogs communicate with their puppies using natural “appeasing messages” released from the mammary zone. These “appeasing messages“ are scientifically called Dog Appeasing Pheromones. They are odourless and are only perceived by dogs. They provide a strong signal of comfort and security to dogs of all ages.
ADAPTIL Calm releases “appeasing messages” to help dogs feel reassured and relaxed in all challenging situations.
How fast will I see results?
Many dog owners start to see results within the first 7 days. However, every dog is unique. Depending on how long the signs have been present and how severe the signs may be, it may take longer to see an improvement.
We recommend using ADAPTIL Calm On-The-Go Collar for at least 1 month.
To get the best from ADAPTIL follow the relevant advice on this website according to your specific problem.
How long should I use it?
Most dogs will benefit from a permanent use of ADAPTIL Calm On-The-Go Collar to create a reassuring environment at home and even outdoors. The minimum recommended duration is one month.
When to use?
- To comfort your dog constantly at home and outdoors
- If your dog is scared of loud noises like fireworks or thunderstorms
- If your dog has issues when staying in a kennel (barking, whining, pacing…)
- If your dog shows signs of fear when on walks
- If your dog has issues with training
When NOT to use?
- If your dog’s issues are not related to stress, ADAPTIL will not help.
- If your dog’s issues are due to a lack of proper training (hyperactivity, over-excitement), ADAPTIL will not help.
- If your dog’s issues are due to a lack of stimulation in the environment, ADAPTIL will not help.
- If your dog is soiling the house due to lack of toilet training, or due to medical reasons, ADAPTIL will not help. It is important to consult a veterinarian to rule out potential medical issues.
- ADAPTIL will not help and should never be used in cases of aggression towards humans or other dogs. In such situations we strongly recommend to consult your veterinarian or a qualified behaviourist.
Don’t remove the collar, except for shampoo.
Leave the collar on 24 hours a day. That’s how efficacy is proven in clinical trials with continuous use of the collar (24 hours a day) allowing the dog to constantly perceive the “appeasing messages”.
- Place the collar snugly on your dog’s neck to ensure proper contact
Place a finger in the plastic loop situated on the inside of the collar close to the buckle
- Using this loop pull to uncoil the collar
- Feed the end through the buckle
- Place over your dog’s head
- Tighten the collar to fit snugly with your dog’s skin
- You should be able to place no more than 2 fingers between collar and dog’s skin
- Ensure the collar is secure
- Cut off the excess portion of the collar
- When ADAPTIL Calm On-The-Go Collar comes in contact with the skin, your dog’s body temperature warms the collar causing the diffusion of “appeasing messages” into the local environment
- The collar should remain on your dog at all times (except when using shampoo)